Whether you are just beginning your journey to become a child care provider or if you have years of experience, our program focuses on group training and individual support for caregivers who are interested in providing care for infants and toddlers.
You will learn about the ages and stages of child development, health and safety in your home environment, how to grow and manage a successful business, and how to establish effective relationships with parents.
Benefits of participation include:
- Assistance understanding licensing requirements
- Technical support and mentoring
- Networking with other child care providers
Steps to becoming a licensed child care provider:
- Contact your licensing specialist or the Child Care Licensing Main Office at 501-682-8590
- Register for a PDR number
- Attend Pre-licensing training with Child Care Aware of West Central AR
- Apply for licensure as a Child Care Provider here.
- Child Care Center Licensing Requirements
- Family Child Care Home Licensing Requirements
- Out-of-School Time Licensing Requirements
- AR Child Development and Early Learning Standards (CDELS)
- Map of CCR&R Network
If you believe you are ready to take the next step in your career as an early care and education professional, please contact your local Resource & Referral Specialist in Hot Springs (501) 760-6588; or Pine Bluff (870) 543-5988.