Q: How do I know if I'm a transfer student?
A:  You're a transfer student if you're pursuing a career which requires a bachelor's degree, and you wish to begin your studies at NPC to complete your lower-level courses (freshman/sophomore) and then transfer to a university to complete the upper-level courses (junior/senior).   

Q: When should I start preparing to transfer to a university?
A:  As soon as possible. Once you have selected your transfer degree, you can begin to follow the appropriate degree plan which lists the lower-level courses you will take at NPC and the upper-level courses you will take at the university.  Advance preparation not only decreases the possibility of your taking courses that may not transfer, but also decreases the time it will take you to complete your degree.  Plus, you won't waste money on unnecessary courses.

Q: Can I start on a transfer degree path even though I'm undecided about a major and university?
A:  Yes. Many students decide on a career/major by taking General Education Core (GEC) courses first. GEC includes a wide range of traditional knowledge and skills and is part of community college transfer programs and university bachelor's degrees.  

Q: Where can I find NPC transfer degree plans?
A:  Transfer degree plans are available in the College Catalog and in Transfer Degree Opportunities.

Q: How do I know if the university courses (junior/senior level) are offered at NPC, online, or on the university campus?
A:  The university course format is provided in Transfer Degree Opportunities.

Q: When and how do I change my NPC degree plan?
A:  If you change from one degree plan to another, it's very important that you complete and submit the Online Student Academic Plan Change Form to reflect your new intended degree plan.  The Student Academic Plan Change Form can also be printed and submitted to the Registrar's office. 

Q: Where can I find transfer checklists and information about transfer advising, scholarships, events, and university recruiter visits?
A:  The checklists and other transfer resources are available in Transfer 101.

Q: Is it possible to complete a transfer degree after I've graduated from NPC?
A:  Yes.  If you completed an associate degree at NPC and you want to complete a second degree that will transfer to a university other than UAFS, you should complete the steps shown in the Checklist: Returning NPC Graduate Completing Second Degree.  If you plan to complete a degree that will transfer to UAFS, you should complete the steps included in the Checklist: Post-Graduation Transfer from NPC to UAFS.

Q: How do I arrange to have my NPC transcripts sent to universities?
A:  You should complete the Transcript Request Form which is available in Enrollment Services or on the website.

Q: Where can I get university transfer admission applications?
A:  Most colleges and universities encourage students to apply online on the university website.  A link to the admission application is often found under headings such as Prospective Students, Transfer Student Admissions, or Undergraduate Admissions.

Q: Am I guaranteed admission to a university if I complete an associate degree?
A:  No. You must still meet the admission requirements of the institution and program to which you apply.

Q:  Can I change my major after I transfer?
A:  Yes.  You can change your major after transferring.  However, it's possible that some of the courses you completed at NPC will not fulfill requirements in your new major, and the differences in course requirements could add additional hours/time to the completion of your degree.  In all cases, it’s best to consult with a university advisor before making this decision. 

Q: Do I have to have an associate degree to transfer?
A:  No, but earning your associate degree before transferring does have its advantages.  Students who complete either an AA, AAS, AS, AS-LAS, or AS-STEM degree before moving to a four-year college tend to have a much better chance of completing their bachelor's degree.  For many students, having an associate degree guarantees entry to a designated degree program as a junior.  Earning an associate degree before transferring will also save you time and money, as your coursework is accepted as a block instead of an assortment of courses that may or may not be accepted or apply to a major.