The Hospitality and Tourism Administration program provides you with a solid knowledge base upon which to build a career in the hospitality industry through a two-year Associate of Applied Science degree. The program also prepares you to continue your hospitality studies through transfer opportunities to Arkansas Tech University (ATU).
Course Delivery & Structure
Courses are offered on campus and include hands-on experience in a professional kitchen environment.
Degrees & Certificates
Degrees for Transfer - Start Here / Finish There
The mission of the NPC Hospitality and Tourism Program is to provide students from diverse backgrounds a quality education and skill set pertinent to preparation for career success in the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
- Amusement Parks
- Cruise Ships
- Private Clubs
Program Learning Outcomes
- Use basic culinary terminology and techniques including food preparation, presentation and service styles properly.
- Apply staffing and management principles, customer relations, and sales and marketing techniques for the lodging, food and beverage and recreational tourism industry segments.
- Apply the concepts of recipe costing, menu design and development, and operational flow of food by executing various class projects and team exercises.
- Discuss management principles, ethical and sustainable concepts, and global and economic impacts as they relate to the industry.
- Illustrate proper sanitation and safety techniques and efficient food production techniques via operation of student café and team projects.
- Determine best practices with regard to guest service, supervisory management, soft skills, and multi-tasking in a team setting via participation in multiple on and off-campus events and effective verbal presentations.
|Year||Professional Placement Rate||Student Retention Rate|