The Hospitality and Tourism Administration program will provide you with a solid knowledge base upon which to build a career in the hospitality industry.
The mission of the NPC Hospitality and Tourism Program is to provide students from diverse backgrounds a quality education and skill set pertinent to preparation for career success in the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
The courses are offered in traditional face-to-face classes with hands-on experience in a professional kitchen environment.
The program provides you with a breadth of knowledge that gives you an edge in the job market. Local employers look to NPC to graduate students with the skillset needed to begin in an entry level job and move up quickly. The scope of knowledge is appropriate for nearly all hospitality related operations including hotels, restaurants, bars, cruise ships, amusement parks, museums, private clubs, and airports. Most graduates have the opportunity to move into management within two to five years of acquiring their degrees.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Use basic culinary terminology and techniques including food preparation, presentation and service styles properly.
- Apply staffing and management principles, customer relations, and sales and marketing techniques for the lodging, food and beverage and recreational tourism industry segments.
- Apply the concepts of recipe costing, menu design and development, and operational flow of food by executing various class projects and team exercises.
- Discuss management principles, ethical and sustainable concepts, and global and economic impacts as they relate to the industry.
- Illustrate proper sanitation and safety techniques and efficient food production techniques via operation of student café and team projects.
- Determine best practices with regard to guest service, supervisory management, soft skills, and multi-tasking in a team setting via participation in multiple on and off-campus events and effective verbal presentations.
Certificates and Degrees
Associate of Applied Science in Hospitality and Tourism Administration
The AAS in Hospitality and Tourism Administration is a 60 credit hour program of study. View the AAS in Hospitality and Tourism Management degree plan for a complete course listing.
Technical Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Administration
The TC in Hospitality and Tourism Administration is a 33 credit hour program of study. View the TC in Hospitality and Tourism Management degree plan for a complete course listing.
Certificate of Proficiency in Hospitality Administration
The CP in Hospitality Administration is an 18 credit hour program of study. View the CP in Hospitality Management degree plan for a complete course listing.
Degrees for Transfer - Start Here / Finish There (ATU)
- Hospitality Administration, ASLAS for Transfer to ATU BS in Hospitality Administration (Event Management)
- Hospitality Administration, ASLAS for Transfer to ATU BS in Hospitality Administration (Food Service Management)
- Hospitality Administration, ASLAS for Transfer to ATU BS in Hospitality Administration (Lodging Management)
|Year||Professional Placement Rate||Student Retention Rate|