Apply for Benefits
Understand that only classes in chosen degree plan will be certified for Veteran Affair benefits. Apply online.
Visit the FAFSA website to apply for financial aid at fafsa.ed.gov. You will be prompted to create a FSA ID or use your existing FSA ID to complete the FAFSA Online
Students should contact the VA representative in the Financial Aid Office once the application for benefits and registration for the college is completed. The Veterans Services Office will then issue a Verification of Enrollment (VA Form 22-1999) via VA ONCE to inform the VA that the student is enrolled at NPC and is requesting benefits payments.
Credit for Military Experience
National Park College accepts previous military experience for reliable college credit. Please submit a copy of any of the following:
- Joint Services Transcript (Army, Coast Guard, Navy, Marines)
- The Air University ( Air Force )
Getting Your Benefits Started and Continuing Certification
Service members, veterans and their dependents seeking to use their VA benefits at National Park College should complete all the necessary paperwork for admission and financial aid, but should contact Veteran Affairs Coordinator, Nathan Looper NPCVets@np.edu, 501-760-4151 to enroll in classes. Individuals using Veterans Administration benefits are required to:
- Complete Veteran Affairs Certification Form (Located in the Veteran Affairs Center) each semester that you are wanting to use your benefits
- Notify Veteran Affairs Staff of any changes to enrollment or degree plan.
- Understand that only classes in chosen degree plan will be certified for Veteran Affairs benefits
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) (2.0 GPA) to continue receiving benefits.
NPC Veteran Services
National Park College Veteran's Center is proud to offer:
- Fresh coffee and snacks
- Computer and internet lounge
- Referral to State Rehabilitation Assistance Representative
- Communication, Email updates and letter communications
- Benefit updates and additions
- Scholarship Applications
- Veteran Affairs Benefit Support
Veteran Affairs Benefits By Chapter
- Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
- Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)
- Chapter 32 - Veteran Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 35 - Dependents Education Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves (MGIB - SR)
- Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)