Educational Talent Search is an early intervention educational opportunity program for 7-12 grade students. Our goal is to help prepare your student to go to college and complete a degree. We emphasize personal and career development, financial literacy, academic skills, and ACT readiness. Our college preparatory workshops prepare your student for the rigors of higher education. Campus visits, academic monitoring, and guidance with college and financial aid applications serve the needs of both you and your student. We also host summer enrichment and campus events so your student can become familiar with our campus and our staff.
- Personal and Career Development
- Weekly sessions during school hours to assess goal setting, self-esteem, decision making, and career interests.
- Financial Literacy
- Information on scholarships, grants, loans, and work study programs, along with individual assistance with paperwork.
- Academic Skills
- Promote skills necessary for successfully entering college and completing a bachelor’s degree.
- ACT Readiness
- Preparation for the ACT test and how it relates to college admission.
Talent Search is a federal TRIO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education.