Distance Education Proctoring Services for Non-NPC Students
NPC Testing Services serves as a test center for students taking courses online or through correspondence Distance Education Programs. Proctoring services are available by appointment only during our regular hours of operation and are made with the understanding that obligations to the college's regularly enrolled students receive top priority. Examinees must be flexible in determining the days and times when testing will be possible. Please call 501.760.4376 for an appointment.
Fee: $25 per exam due on the day of the exam.
How to Schedule Distance Education Proctoring Services:
- Ask your distance education college/university to mail, fax, or email your test to:
- Testing Center
National Park College
101 College Drive
Hot Springs, AR 71913
NOTE: It is your responsibility to request that your test be sent to NPC. If your exam is online, your Distance Education university should email the password and instructions for the delivery of your exam.
- When your university informs you that your test has been mailed:
- Call NPC Testing Center at 501.760.4376 to see if your test has arrived.
- If we have received your test, you may set your appointment.
- If your test has NOT arrived, call again in a day or so to check. We must have your test materials BEFORE confirming an appointment. Since we do not know when the test has been mailed or will be received, we cannot promise a testing date until your exam is in our office. Due to the large number of tests we administer, we do not keep waiting lists or make telephone calls to tell you that your test has arrived.
What to Bring on Your Scheduled Test Date:
- Official photo ID with your current legal name. The name on your ID must match the name on your test.
- $25 testing fee. Payment is made at the Cashier’s Office located on the third floor of the Campus Center Building. Cash, check, or credit card (VISA, MasterCard or Discover) is accepted. The Cashier’s Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 - 4:30. You must secure a receipt and present that receipt to Testing Center staff to verify payment of your testing fee.
- Other items approved by your correspondence university. For example, some tests are open book, or permit you to use a dictionary or calculator. Information on these items should be included in your course syllabus. If you have questions, contact your instructor. NPC Testing Center cannot permit you to use any such items unless approved by your instructor.
Do NOT Bring:
- Concealed weapons not allowed in the testing center.
- Cell phones, pagers, or other electronic devices are not permitted in our test rooms, even if they are turned off.
- Food, drinks, gum, or candy.
- Bookbags, papers, books, study guides, and other items cannot be taken into the testing room (unless the directions on your test allow you to use them). You are encouraged not to bring such items to our office. If you bring them, we will ask you to store them in a locker. We cannot take responsibility for lost, damaged, or forgotten items.
- Children are not permitted in the testing room. Testing Center staff is not permitted to provide child care while you take your test. Additionally, we are legally mandated to report you to the authorities if your child(ren) is left unattended.
After You Have Completed Your Exam:
Your test will be returned to your correspondence/Distance Education university. If your instructor has requested that the exam be mailed, it will be sent on the next regular mail run from our office.
Contact Your Distance Education University or Professor if:
- You have questions regarding the format or content of your test.
- You need information on receiving grades. NPC Testing Center does not score your test nor receive your grades.
- You have questions about returning textbooks or assignments. You are responsible for submitting your assignments and returning your textbooks to your Distance Education university.