Cheerleading and Mascot Tryouts
Cheerleading and Mascot tryouts will be held May 17-22. For more information, contact Jaycie Housley at Jaycie.Housley@np.edu.
NPC cheerleaders are ambassadors of the student body. The primary role of a cheerleader is to promote spirit and enthusiasm in support of Nighthawk Nation. Equally important is their role to represent NPC in a way that is representative of the College and its reputation. NPC is actively searching for diverse and outstanding student athletes with equally high standards and goals to serve as Nighthawk cheerleaders.
The NPC cheer team supports Nighthawk Nation by providing energy and spirit during home basketball games. Members of the team are highly visible throughout the year and can be seen at athletic events, campus programs, and in the community.
Open tryouts are held in early September, but can be scheduled at any time. Please contact Jaycie.Housley@np.edu to learn more or to schedule your campus visit.
Cheerleaders are expected to:
- Represent NPC in a positive manner on campus, in the classroom, and on the floor.
- Attend cheer practices 3-5 days a week for two hour time lots.
- Attend all men’s and women’s home basketball games.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA throughout the academic year. If the GPA falls below 2.0, a cheerleader may not continue to perform any cheer activities.
- Assist with fundraising.
- Participate in additional activities as directed by a cheer coach.
- All students interested (including current cheerleaders) must submit a tryout form.
- Students must be enrolled in six or more credit hours at the time of tryouts.
- Prior cheerleading experience is not required.
- Students must participate in all pre-tryout practices and meetings.
- Cumulative minimum 2.0 GPA (high school or college) and be free of any academic or disciplinary probation.