NPC provides free, confidential counseling to all students to support student success and personal growth in a warm and safe environment.
These services include individual counseling, crisis intervention, referral services, support and psychoeducational groups, and collateral consultation. There will also be efforts made to ensure referrals to community resources when appropriate. The staff is open and affirming of all cultural diversity statuses.
These services are located in the Counseling Center, Building 10, lower level. You may contact Susan Millerd in person, by email at Susan.Millerd@np.edu, office phone at 501-760-4163, or call or text 501-545-7217.
On days that NPC is closed, the behavioral intervention specialist and services will not be available.
Helpful Websites and Phone Numbers
- Ouachita Behavioral Health and Wellness
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- The National Suicide Line: 800-784-2433
- Statewide Sexual Assault Crisis Hotline: 877-432-3568
- Local Domestic Violence shelter and hotline: 501-865-3939
- If you need emergency services, call 911.
NPC'S National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Club offers opportunities for faculty, staff and students to:
- Raise mental health awareness
- Educate the campus with presentations, guest speakers, and student panels
- Advocate for improved mental health services and policies on campus
- Support peers with programs and support groups