The Professional Counseling Services are available on the National Park College Campus located in the Social Sciences Division, Room 105. It is the purpose of these services to support student success and personal growth in a warm and safe environment. There will also be effort made to ensure that you are referred to community resources when indicated to be appropriate.
- Individual Counseling
- Referral Services
- Crisis intervention
- Collateral Consultation
How can we help?
It is common to need support beyond what family and friends can offer at some point
in a college career.
Are you . . .
- Worried about balancing relationships, work, and school?
- Feeling more blue than normal?
- Having trouble concentrating?
- Feeling anxious and nervous?
- Upset about a relationship?
- Trying to overcome your past?
- Hearing from family and friends that they are worried about you?
- Concerned about a friend or family member?
- Looking for a new mental health provider?
SERVICES PROVIDED ARE CONFIDENTIAL
Cultural Diversity Statement
The staff is open and affirming of all cultural diversity statuses, including and not limited to:
- Ethnic/racial identity
- Socioeconomic status
- Gender identity and expression
- Sexual orientation
- Religious/spiritual beliefs
- Ability status
- Body shape/size
How to Reach the Behavioral Intervention Specialist
If you feel that you are in a crisis situation, you may call Susan Millerd, LCSW at 760-4163, email at email@example.com or come by the office in the Social Sciences Building. On days that NPC is closed, the behavioral intervention specialist and services will not be available.
Helpful Websites and Phone Numbers
- Ouachita Behavioral Health and Wellness
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institute of Mental Health
- If you need emergency assistance, you may call:
- Ouachita Behavioral Health and Wellness: 501-624-7111 or 1-800-264-2410
- The National Suicide Line: 800-784-2433
- Statewide Sexual Assault Crisis Hotline: 877.432-5368