How do I access my Student Financial Aid award information in OASIS?
  1. Go to Sign in to your OASIS account (located at the top right corner of your screen) by using the first initial of your first name and your full last name (all together, no spaces). Ex: jsmith
  2. Your password will be comprised of the last four numbers of your social security number and your birthday (month & date only). Ex: 12340107 (If you have difficulty logging in contact tech support at (501) 760-4171)
  3. On the left click Self Service >Click Accept/Decline awards > Click on the year.
  4. You will then be able to view your awards and accept/decline the loan amounts. Make sure that you submit and save. (You can also go to view financial aid on the left side of the page for a breakdown of fall/spring aid).
  5. If you are accepting a student loan, go online to to complete the Federal Direct Loan entrance counseling and master promissory note. Check your to do list in OASIS for additional requirements. All loan requirements must be complete before your loan can be processed.
  6. Watch your campus email by going to the website and clicking on webmail. You will use the same log in you used for your OASIS account.
How much Financial Aid is available at NPC?

NPC is committed to providing access to higher education programs to all students who qualify. The cost of attending NPC depends on students' residency, program of study and other factors. Financial assistance may help students with tuition, books, fees, and in some cases uniforms. (See a table of estimated costs for tuition, books, supplies, and fees as a suggested guide for calculating college expenses.)

We also offer a wide variety of Scholarship assistance. (See our Scholarships page.)

What is Student Financial Aid?

The bulk of assistance available to students in financial aid is provided by the U. S. Department of Education. The Federal Financial Aid programs offered through NPC include Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, Federal Work Study, and Federal Direct Loans.

The College also has financial aid programs available through the state of Arkansas, the institution, local agencies and transfer institutions. NPC's Enrollment Services Office will make every effort to meet the college related costs of each qualified student based on eligibility criteria, satisfactory academic progress, and availability of funds.

When do I apply for Federal Financial Aid?

Priority is given to students who apply for financial aid by April 1. Applications received after this date will be considered on a first-come basis and according to available funds. Students may apply at any time during the academic year for the PELL Grant. However, the student should allow at least four weeks for complete processing of the application. Students wishing to charge tuition and books to the PELL Grant must have received an award prior to the last date to pay or be dropped from classes.

Many other programs and scholarships have different deadlines. Check with the Enrollment Services for exact dates.

What is the process for applying for Federal Financial Aid?

Complete the application via the internet at On-line access is available in Enrollment Services on the 2nd floor of the Gerald Fisher Campus Center.

If students prefer to file a paper application (processing time is greatly extended using this method) they may obtain a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) from their high school counselor or from the Enrollment Services Office at NPC.

Approximately four to six weeks after mailing the application, you will receive the results in the form of a Student Aid Report (SAR). If you submit the application via the internet, you will receive a SAR in approximately two weeks.

Financial Aid personnel at NPC will work with you through correspondence and/or individual counseling to complete your financial aid file. Your financial aid file must be complete with all necessary documentation prior to receiving your financial aid award.

How do I apply to be a student worker(or for the work-study program)?

Applications for all work-study positions are available in the Enrollment Services office.

To fill out or print an application, click here.

Each department within the institution is responsible for hiring their own student workers. Therefore, students interested in work-study positions should actively seek out and contact the various college departments.

Financial need, class schedule and academic progress is the criteria considered by college departments when employing work-study students.

How do I apply for a Student Loan?

Students interested in applying for a student loan must first complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application is available via the internet at or a paper copy through the Financial Aid Office at NPC or through your high school counselor.

After the Student's Financial Aid package is complete, the student's eligibility for a student loan can be determined.

Once the loan eligibility has been determined, the student must:

  • Complete Loan Entrance Counseling via the internet at Electronic confirmation will be sent to the college.
  • Complete Master Promissory Note via the internet at Electronic confirmation will be sent to the college.

All student loans have to be in two disbursements each semester. Each disbursement will have the Origination Fee and the Guarantee Fee deducted automatically unless the fee(s) are paid by the lender. The funds will be electronically forwarded the funds to the College by the disbursement dates.

Students who receive a student loan must maintain satisfactory academic progress to continue to be eligible to receive the loan funds.

What does Financial Aid pay for?

Financial aid will be applied toward the enrollment costs of tuition, fees, and books first. Any remaining funds will be refunded. If the amount of the financial aid awarded is not enough to cover the enrollment costs, you are responsible for payment of the balance of your account.

You will be responsible for payment of the balance on your account if you do not receive official written notification by NPC's Financial Aid office awarding your financial aid. Financial assistance may still be awarded after your tuition, fees, and books have been paid and reimbursement obtained. (See Tuition and Fees for more details.)

What are the conditions for reinstatement of Financial Aid?

Please visit the Conditions to Financial Aid page for information on this subject.

What kinds of grades must I make to keep my Financial Aid?

Please visit the Conditions to Financial Aid page for information on this subject.

When books go on sale for the semester, if you have PELL or accepted loans on your Oasis account, then you charge your books online or will be able to charge them in the campus bookstore in person by presenting identification.