You may request a transcript through the Registrar's Office. Transcripts are not released to students with outstanding financial obligations or library holds.
Congratulations, you did it! You are ready to cross the stage and take the next step in your educational path or career.
Preparing for graduation involves several steps. To ensure your success, Steps to Graduate are listed below.
Steps to Graduate
As a candidate for graduation, you must submit a graduation application and satisfy the following graduation requirements:
- Successfully complete all courses within your program certification requirements with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
- Successfully complete the required number of credits.
- If you are earning an associate degree from National Park College, you must complete 18 semester hours at NPC. Each additional associate degree will require another 18 semester hours with the College and the satisfactory completion of all required courses. To qualify for technical certificates and certificates of proficiency, 25% of your coursework must be completed at NPC.
- Satisfy all financial obligations due to the College.
- You may meet the graduation requirements listed in the catalog in effect at the time you entered NPC or those listed in any later catalog. Exceptions to this policy include requirements from a catalog more than three years old or changes in a program or curriculum mandated by external accrediting agencies.
Applying for Graduation
To receive a diploma:
- You must apply for graduation by the posted deadline for the term in which you expect to complete all requirements. There is no charge to apply, and application deadlines are shown in Graduation Events.
- You must complete a graduation application to receive your diploma. You must apply even if you are not planning to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- You must complete a separate application for each degree or certificate you are seeking.
- You should meet with your Faculty Mentor or an NPC advisor to verify that your declared major is correct and that you are on track to graduate.
- You need to make sure you have met all of the graduation requirements.
- If you do not complete graduation requirements during the semester in which you have applied, your application will roll over to the following semester (Spring, Summer, or Fall). If you do not complete the requirements the following semester, you will have to re-apply.
To apply for graduation, follow these steps:
- Log in to your OASIS account
- Click the Self-Service link
- Under the Degree Progress/Graduation heading, click Apply for Graduation.
- Make sure that the degree listed is the plan for which you want to apply.
- If it needs to be changed, contact your Faculty Mentor, an NPC advisor, or the Registrar’s office.
- Click the Apply for Graduation link next to the degree plan for which you are
- Select the term you want to graduate in the drop-down menu.
- Click Continue
- Click Submit Application.
- After you submit, go back to the Degree Progress/Graduation drop-down menu near the top of the page:
- Select View Graduation Status.
- Scroll down to where your name and address are listed.
- This is the name that will appear on your diploma. To change it, click on the link.
- The address listed is where your diploma will be mailed approximately four weeks after degrees are conferred. To change it, click on the link.
If you have problems applying for graduation, contact your Faculty Mentor, NPC advisor, or the Registrar’s office.
GradFest is a “one-stop shop” that allows you to take care of all your graduation needs in one location. At GradFest you can:
- Apply for graduation (no charge)
- Order your cap and gown (no charge)
- Purchase graduation announcements (optional)
- Complete the graduation survey
- Complete the online financial exit interview
- Visit with campus representatives about graduation services and requirements
- Receive Nighthawks Graduation Checklist, which includes important dates, contacts, and details about all aspects of graduation
GradFest is held in the spring semester each year exclusively for all fall graduates and spring/summer graduate candidates. See Graduation Events for details.
All fall graduates and spring/summer graduate candidates participating in the commencement ceremony should attend graduation practice. Graduation practice details are shown in Graduation Dates.
- NPC holds one commencement/graduation ceremony at the end of the spring semester each year.
- All fall graduates and spring/summer graduate candidates are eligible to participate in commencement.
- If you want to participate in commencement and want to have your name printed in the commencement program, you must submit your application for graduation by the deadline shown in Graduation Events.
- Participation in commencement does not guarantee that you have met all requirements for a degree or certificate.
- Commencement details are shown in Graduation Events.
Diplomas are mailed after all degrees have been conferred, which is approximately 4-6 weeks after the end of the semester.
- Diplomas are mailed to the address listed on your graduation application. Be sure to notify the Registrar’s office if your address changes.
- Diplomas are not mailed if you have outstanding financial obligations or library holds.
- If you participate in the graduation ceremony in May, but need to complete courses in the Summer semester to meet graduation requirements, your diploma will be mailed approximately four weeks after the Summer semester ends.
- Graduation Application, Diplomas, Transcripts: Registrar – Registrar@np.edu, 501-760-4123
- Cap & Gown: Bookstore – Amy.Fincham@np.edu, 501-760-4315
- GradFest, Graduation Practice, Commencement: Graduation Coordinator – Yolanda.Cox@np.edu, 501-760-4155
The Alumni & Friends Association offers membership levels to fit your needs. Become a Nighthawk Legend and access exclusive member benefits.
You can explore employment opportunities and receive resume assistance through Career Services.