The Associate of Science nursing (ASN) program will prepare you to apply for licensure and take the National Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (RN). This program is approved by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Coursework includes the arts, social sciences, biological sciences, humanities, and nursing. This 66 credit hour program is web-enhanced, full-time, and takes place over two years. You may choose to complete the coursework over a longer period of time.
RN Program Admissions
Review detailed admissions information and applications. Nursing information meetings will be held September to December to provide more information about the Division of Nursing. No registration is required. See meeting dates and times.
Graduating from NPC with an Associate of Science in Nursing enables you to take the National Licensure Exam for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN) to earn a Registered Nurse license.
The A.S.N. Program (66 total credit hours = 28 credit hours of general education + 38 credit hours of Nursing Courses) is a structured program for those interested in working in the healthcare field. Once your license is obtained, graduates from the RN program work in area hospitals, public schools, clinics, surgery centers, home health, hospice, as well as long-term care and rehab centers. Some graduates have even worked from home as case managers for insurance companies.
The course work is sequential meaning you must successfully complete each course with a “C” or better to progress. The admission process to the Registered Nursing Program is selective based on certain requirements including:
- Must attend a Mandatory Admission Meeting and meet with a Nursing Faculty Advisor.
- ATI TEAS entrance examination-Must score 59.3% or higher for consideration.
- GPA for admission is calculated on the general education courses required in the A. S. N. degree plan. Must have 2.75 GPA to apply.
- Priority is given to those applicants with greater than 16 hours of nursing curriculum.
- Candidates will be conditionally accepted pending completion of a clear criminal background check and drug screening.
|Year||1st Time Pass Rate
For program/track-specific information contact: