Nursing Needs You
Invest in yourself and begin a rewarding career in nursing. Financial aid and scholarships are available. CHI St. Vincent may cover tuition and fees for qualified students. You can afford it and you cannot afford to wait any longer. Registration is open January through the first Monday in March. Apply today.
We are committed to evidence-based learning which promotes excellence in nursing and maximum development of student potential within an environment of caring.
Earn Your Degree or Technical Certificate
The Nursing pathway offers certificate and associate degree programs which prepare students for jobs in the nursing field. These programs and certificates can help you seek advancement or promotion in your current or future career.
Practical Nursing Program
Completion of the Practical Nursing Program enables you to take the National Licensure Exam for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN) to earn a license to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Registered Nursing Program
By completing the Registered Nursing Program, you will earn an Associate of Science in Nursing. This degree enables you to take the National Licensure Exam for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN) to earn a Registered Nurse license.
Approval and Accreditation
The Associate of Science Registered Nurse and the Practical Nurse programs are approved by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing. The A.S. (R.N.) Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN). Read more on our accreditation page.
Nursing Pathway Objectives
To accomplish its mission, the Nursing Pathway offers:
- Courses for entry-level positions
- Programs for transfer to other institutions
- Programs for career advancement
While completing the programs of the Pathway, you will study traditional as well as alternative delivery methods through laboratory experiences on and off campus. Through these experiences, you will:
- Value the concept of caring in health care.
- Communicate effectively/competently within the health care environment.
- Use critical thinking and knowledge to make decisions that promote optimum patient care.
- Apply knowledge, skills and attitudes that promote quality and safety in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrate behaviors that reflect professional practice: accountability, responsibility, and legal/ethical framework.