The mission of the Health Sciences Division is to provide students with didactic education and practical experiences necessary to create a solid foundation for graduates to qualify as contributing members of their chosen profession.
Admission To All Health Science Programs
To be admitted into a Health Science program, you must complete all general requirements for admission to National Park College. Admission to the College does not mean you are admitted to a Health Science program. You must also meet additional admission requirements.
Application to a program includes: passing a criminal background check, drug screen, verification of various immunizations and other requirements specific to the program. Each Health Science program has its own individual application procedure. Please contact the Program Director of the specific program for which you seek admission. Applicants must be accepted and in good academic standing to be enroll in program course work. Several of the Health Science programs require prerequisites course work, prospective students should be aware that there is a seven-year statute of limitation pertaining to the completion of required science and mathematics courses. All Health Sciences programs utilize a specific vendor to perform the criminal background checks and drug screens. The specific procedures will be reviewed with applicants during the admission process.
Refer to program-specific policies regarding readmission to Health Science programs.
- To provide students with the opportunities to develop their academic capacity and technical skills in accordance with discipline-specific competencies.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop their professional image, including interpersonal communication skills, flexibility, responsibility, commitment, ability to work independently, and the ability to work as a team.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- To provide programs that are sensitive to the needs of their communities of interest.
Certificate and Degree Programs
- Emergency Medical Services/Paramedic (A.A.S.) - (See the EMT Program's Admission Requirements)
- Emergency Medical Services/Paramedic (A.A.S.) for Transfer to UAFS
- Emergency Medical Services/Paramedic (TC) - Gainful Employment Disclosure*
- Emergency Medical Technician (CP)
- Funeral Service Education
- Allied Health (CP)
- Allied Health (TC) - Gainful Employment Disclosure*
- Health Education, ASLAS for Transfer to UCA BS
- Health Information Technology (A.A.S.)
- Health Services Administration
- Medical Laboratory Technology (A.A.S.)
- Nutrition, ASLAS for Transfer to UCA BS
- Professional Medical Coding (TC) - Gainful Employment Disclosure*
- Radiologic Technology (A.A.S.)
- Radiologic Technology (A.A.S.) for Transfer to UAFS
- Respiratory Care (A.A.S.)
- Respiratory Care (A.A.S.) for Transfer to UAFS
- Respiratory Care (A.A.S.) for Transfer to UAMS Cardio-Respiratory Care