Policy Number: 5.130
This update modifies language of the original policy adopted in 1991.
All full-time faculty members.
Faculty members are required to continue professional growth and may satisfy this requirement by participating in any of the following professional development activities:
- By successfully seeking additional credentials and/or certifications in a field of study that is relevant to the faculty member’s area of instruction or that benefits the College.
- By actively participating in a professional higher education organization.
- By actively participating in the institution's in-service faculty development programs.
- By participating in the College's community service programs.
- By conducting approved research.
- By other work experience, approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Vice President for Academic Affairs and/or the appropriate supervisor are responsible for supervision of this requirement and determining that the necessary professional growth and development requirements are being met on an annual basis.