National Park Technology Center is currently seeking a full-time instructor for the secondary Machine Tool Technology program beginning in August 2020.
Duties: The 9.5-month position involves supervision and instruction of area high school students in the classroom, remotely, and in a shop setting.
- Associates Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Secondary Teaching License or Technical Certification
- Five years of experience as a machinist, millwright or in a similarly skilled profession
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations
- Knowledge and experience operating all machines and equipment found in a machine shop, including CNC and laser cutting machinery
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with students, parents, school personnel, co-workers and industry professionals
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, transcripts, and the names/contact information of three professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by June 30, 2020, will be assured consideration but the position will remain open until filled.