National Park College is currently seeking an Accountant II to work in the college’s
Accounts Receivable Department. Working under the Controller, this position is responsible
for maintaining financial and accounting services related to the receivables areas
of the College including student accounts receivable, third party billing receivables
for financial assistance awards, and other contractual billing agreements. This position
is governed by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), state and federal
laws, and College policy.
- Reconciles Student Accounts receivable from the People-Soft Student Financials system
to the People-Soft General Ledger system control account on a consistent basis.
- Prepares and analyzes the accounts receivable aging schedule and reports results to
the Controller weekly.
- Conducts review of individual student accounts for accuracy and process adjustments
- Work closely with the Financial Aid department to ensure accurate posting of student
financial aid awards.
- Supervise the preparation of student refund disbursement.
- Prepare and process billing for both students and third party accounts receivables.
- Assists with processes to ensure compliance with Title IV issues and maintains best
practices in accounts receivable.
- Participates in or assists with ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Recommends and participates in process improvements.
- Keeps abreast of NPC policies and governmental regulations to ensure currency of knowledge.
- May provide advice and mentoring to Specialists.
- Bachelor’s degree in business accounting or a related discipline from a regionally
- Two years’ accounting work experience; work experience in higher education is preferred
but not required.
- An equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education may be substituted.
- Knowledge of and familiar with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial
data involving accounts receivable.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite software including Excel, and experience working with
an ERP accounting system such as People-Soft.
- Knowledgeable of Department of Education Title IV regulations.
- Good problem solving skills and sound judgment.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications received by 06/09/2017 will be guaranteed consideration. AA/EOE