Ready, Set Go!
Features of the Van Davis Memorial 5K:
- USATF-certified course
- Overall and Top-3 in each male and female age division awards
- Flat course
- Proceeds go to Van Davis Memorial Scholarship Fund at National Park College
Where: Whittington Park -- Hot Springs, Arkansas
When: Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 9 a.m.
Registration Opens: November 20
- A fast course that runs through the nation’s first national park
- Practice to prepare for an upcoming marathon
- Get back in shape after the holidays
- Provide scholarships to students that need your help to reach their educational goals
- Honor Van Davis, who taught at National Park College for more than 30 years
Located in Whittington Park in downtown Hot Springs, Arkansas, the course is flat and fast. It’s a perfect course for the first-timer, and the chip-timed event is a great venue for those seeking a PR. Strategically scheduled for six weeks into the new year, it gives everyone the opportunity to meet their new year’s health and fitness goals. Join us to make a difference for yourself and for the community.
Register now as a Runner/Walker or -- for those of you that want to support us while nestled in your bed -- as a virtual participant. Register Online Now!
Kids Fun Run
Bring your kids out to enjoy the fun! The Kids Fun Run race is for children age 10 and under. All children will receive a finishers gift!
In the event the National Park Service declares that the roads are to be closed or are too hazardous to conduct the race, the event will be cancelled and will not be rescheduled. If this occurs, all registrants will still receive their t-shirt and will be eligible for a discount for next year's event. You may contact the NPC foundation office for details. Contact Sara Brown at 501-760-4129.
In the event of cancellation due to weather conditions beyond our control we hope that you will consider this a donation to a very worthy cause and try again next year.