The mission of the Wood Technology Program is to introduce students to the Cabinet Making and Construction industries. Students will learn the safe operation of standard woodworking equipment and will be introduced to Computer Aided Drafting, Computer Aided Manufacturing, and Computer Numerical Controlled machines. Students will also learn blueprint reading and job estimating as well as production planning and product design.
All programs in the technical center have three class periods available for enrollment. In the event there are more applicants for a section than seats available, students will be asked to choose an alternate period. If the section(s) are still over enrollment capacity, the following additional criteria will be used to determine acceptance into the program:
Wood Tech 1 (First Year)
- 1. Minimum sixth grade reading level
- 2. Minimum sixth grade math level
- 3. Minimum GPA of 2.0
- 4. Successful completion (C or above) of one or more credits in an approved computer course.
- 5. Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
Wood Tech 2 (Second Year)
- 1. Successful completion (C or above) of Machine Tool 1
- 2. Student Interview