Some instructors require students to use Respondus Lockdown Browser to take an assessment, test, or quiz. Respondus Lockdown Browser prevents students from printing, copying, browsing to another URL, or accessing other applications. The browser window is locked until the assessment is submitted for grading.
INSTALLING RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER
To install Respondus Lockdown Browser:
1. Download NPC's installer.
2. Then you'll need to select the operating system on which Respondus Lockdown Browser will be installed:
3. If you are using a computer that uses Windows, click the Windows icon. If you are using a Macintosh computer, click the Mac icon. Then select the option that best fits your situation:
Lab Computer — If using a lab computer on campus, please contact the Lab Administrator to assist you with this installation.
Your Own Computer — Select this option if installing this software on your own computer or one you are borrowing from family or friends
Work Computer — If using a computer at work, you MAY need to contact the system administrator for assistance.
4. Read over the information provided for your selection and click the Download Installer
5. When the File Download Installer dialog box opens, select Run to open the Respondus Lockdown Browser Installer.
6. Click the Install button to install Lockdown browser to your computer's desktop.
Taking an Assessment in Lockdown Browser
1. Close all other windows. If you are prompted to close all windows, choose "yes".
2. Open Respondus Lockdown Browser by clicking the icon on the desktop.
3. Log into Blackboard as you would normally and go to the course that has the assessment you wish to take.
4. Take the assessment and submit it.
5. Log out of Respondus Lockdown Browser.